Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Running outside. In the summer. In South Texas.

So, I've been following a Couch to 5K program from Moms Run This Town, It looks like this:


Source
I am stuck between week 3 and week 4. I can run 2 minutes/walk 1 minute for about 10 minutes of the workout, then it gets harder. Today I set the goal to run 2 miles (warmup and cooldown not included). I ran I think 3-4 intervals with 2 minute runs and then it got really hard. I tried running 90 seconds/walking 90 seconds. I did that for a few intervals. By the end of it I was running 1 minute/ walking 2 minutes.

I am very frustrated. I should be at week 5 by now, not stuck between week 3 and 4.

Of course, I got back to my office after my lunchtime run and saw this:

That explains it. Maybe if I ran in cooler temperatures I would be able to complete week 4. So I guess I'm moving inside for a while. Dang it, I don't want to. But I also don't want to spend the rest of the summer stuck on Week 3.

My goal is to be running 5K comfortably by August, and then to add mileage and run some 4 mile runs on Saturdays before I start half marathon training near the end of September. At this rate, I'll be stuck at 2 mile walk/runs for the rest of my life.

So I guess I'm moving to the track. And the treadmill. But I'm going to try some early morning runs first....

No comments:

Post a Comment