Wednesday, July 29, 2015

I'm Making Progress!

Well, after a few weeks of some pretty sporadic, inconsistent running, I'm having a good week again. I have increased my running intervals to 5 minutes running/1 minute walking.

source
 My goal is to run 3 times a week. Since 3 30 minute workouts a week are not enough to get me in shape, I'm also doing 21 day fix... as long as I'm able to I'll keep going.


source
I'm only running two miles. I have a plan. I'm going to gradually increase the running intervals until I can run the entire 2 miles. This will be for my runs during the week.

I will start prepping for my "long" runs on Saturdays by increasing the distance. But, I'm going to run 3/walk 2 for those runs. That's what I plan to do race day so that's how I'll do it. I probably won't start Saturday running though until we move, but that's pretty soon so it won't be long!

In fact, today is July 29. My last day at work is August 7. I have to play at church on August 9. After that, we're going to load up HOPEFULLY a tow-trailer (hopefully our stuff will fit into it- we really don't want to have to get another truck) and make the drive to Dallas. We don't have a place to live yet so we'll be putting our stuff in storage (most of it is already there) and staying with my dad while we look. New job starts August 17.

I'm confident we'll find something. I'm also confident that my husband is going to find work. He has already had a job interview and we're waiting to hear about it.

source

Everything is going to be just fine...

(4 months 2 weeks and 0 days until the Dallas Half Marathon)

No comments:

Post a Comment