Monday, July 6, 2015

How's it going?

Well, there are a lot of things happening so I figured I would blog about them...

I've had a couple of off weeks with running. I've been stuck at week 6. The week six workout is basically run 4/walk 1 6 times. I can do it 4 times. Maybe 5 on a good day. I went out of town the week before last and that got my running completely off track. The next week I was sick. So this week my goal is to run 4 times and to work up to doing 6 intervals (which works out to about 3 miles).

So the reason I went out of town...


I had job interview in Dallas. Dallas is very special to me. It's my hometown, and it's where my family is. It's also where I'm running a half marathon in December. So I'm pretty excited to announce that I got the job!

Of course, I have mixed feelings and a lot of stress. My goal for the next 6 weeks - between now and when I start the new job- is to keep up with my running. I also restarted 21 day fix again today. I figure I need some cross-training to go with the running and these workouts are only 30 minutes each, so it's doable. I'm going to try to keep up with this through the move.

This is how I feel about packing and moving 5 people and a cat to a place we don't really have yet:







I've recently learned the term "KonMari" from the book "The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up" by Marie Kondo.

It's a pretty book:
 I'm hoping I can "KonMari" my stuff while packing and have a nice, organized move where no one feels the need to drink too much or have a nervous breakdown.

Oh and I'm still getting a doctorate. I'm supposed to write my first three chapters of my dissertation in the next month. So that's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment