Monday, April 13, 2015

So, how's that no coffee/vegetarian thing working out for you?

Recently I announced that I was giving up coffee. I also announced I was toying with becoming a vegetarian. You may be wondering how that's going....

First coffee:

It's going like this:
I was feeling tired and having trouble getting going. This weekend, rather than do the cleaning I needed to do, I wanted to do nothing but sleep (this could have to do with all those children I have, but anyway). So, I had some regular coffee. It was amazing how different I felt. I had the energy to clean, do laundry and workout. It changed my mood! So, I decided to go ahead and start drinking  coffee again.

I really don't want to go back to relying on coffee heavily and building up a tolerance again, so I'm still going to try to limit it. I am going to do a 3 day refresh either this weekend or next, and I would like to do it without coffee (black coffee or coffee with stevia is allowed but discouraged). I don't want to have 3 days of misery so I'm not sure what I'll do with the withdrawals. It is suggested to drink green tea, so I may do that.

Now as for giving up meat:

I took the plunge and asked my husband to pick up some tofu and tempeh rather than my traditional ground turkey that I prep for the week. I also am using cottage cheese for one of my proteins, since it counts as a red container (protein) on 21 Day Fix. The tempeh was good, the tofu was, well, tofu-y. The jury's still out on that. I don't want to eat too much soy but I'm not sure what to eat. So it's going to be a process. I am NOT Vegan right now- I might head that way, but right now I am eating eggs and having dairy products.

So, that's the update. How are things with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment